The Controller will be responsible for managing all aspects of the organizations’ finances and operations (501c3 and 501c4). This position reports directly to the Board Chair and the President. The Controller will serve as an integral part of the organization’s senior management team and will be deeply involved in developing and executing the organization’s strategy.
The Patriotic Millionaires is a group of Americans with annual incomes over $1 million or wealth of over $5 million who share a profound concern about economic and political inequality which has reached historic, destabilizing levels, and which is the root cause of our current social unrest. The Patriotic Millionaires center their work on three “First Principles:” Equal political representation, a livable minimum wage (at least $15), and a fair tax system.
The Patriotic Millionaires is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, personal appearance or disability. Women, people of color, and LBGT candidates are encouraged to apply.
Details At A Glance
4-Year Degree Education Required
USD $70 – USD $85 / hour
- Compile and manage the organization’s annual budget, providing monthly reports comparing actual and budgeted performance
- Manage organization’s in-house bookkeeper
- Prepare annual financial statements for both affiliates
- Ensure that the organization prepares tax returns (990 forms) on time and without errors
- Prepare reports for the board of directors or other oversight groups
- Oversee key financial decisions
- Manage bank relationships and ensure compliance with banks’ financial activities reporting requirements
- Formulate strategic, operational, and budgetary plans
- Ensure compliance with IRS regulations, ACA requirements and IRS Form 990 requirements
- Maintain appropriate financial and legal documents
- Track cash flow
- Ensure that nonprofit employees within the organization are compliant with the organization’s policies and bylaws
- Track and record prepaid expenses
- Record any accrued expenses at year-end
- Adjust fixed assets and depreciation
- Reconcile due to/due from accounts for the c3 and c4
- Prepare accrued vacation adjustment based on information provided by in-house bookkeeper
- Manage salary and benefit allocations and allocations of G&A expenses
- Manage year-end closing and record adjustments as needed
- Manage the preparation of audit schedules and communication with auditors
- Prepare annual statements of financial position and statement of activities which will be audited by auditors
- Oversee payroll
- Discuss financial information with management and Board of Directors as requested
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Comprehensive understanding of 501(c)(3)s and 501(c)(4)s legal and reporting requirements
- Experience preparing 990s
- Exceptional communication and interpretive skills.
- Proven ability to perform complex analysis of financial data.
- Experience preparing and presenting financial reports to boards or committees
- Excellent and adaptive leadership skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of individuals.
The Patriotic Millionaires offers a generous benefits package, with excellent dental, vision, and 100% employer-sponsored healthcare, a 6 percent 401(k) match after the first full year of employment, a flexible healthcare spending account, and 15 days paid vacation as well as most federal holidays off. Salary commensurate with experience. This position is full-time, exempt.
- Please send a resumé and cover letter to [email protected]